Join us for Hierarchical Divine Liturgy on Sunday, February 10th – Vesting will begin early, as will the baptism of the new servant of God Pierce Matthew Michael Scott! Luncheon to follow.
To make sure we are best prepared, please be sure to register online:
With the blessing of His Grace Bishop Irinej, St. George Serbian Orthodox Church will be hosting a Liturgical Music Workshop on Friday, February 8th and Saturday, February 9th. This workshop is open to the public, and participation is by donation only (all donated funds will go towards costs for meals, and the featured speakers).
This year’s featured speaker is the Protodeacon Jovan Anicic, PhD, the Director of Religious Education for the Eastern American Diocese of the Serbian Orthodox Church. Fr. Pdn. Jovan has hosted multiple musical workshops as a talented teacher and musician, schooled in not only the history and theology of liturgical music – but also in its practical application.
Saturday will feature two concurrent workshops – one for adults, and one specifically for children.
The current schedule is as follows:
- Doors open at 6:00pm
- Lecture at 6:30pm – “The Place of Musicians and Vocalists in Worship” – Pdn. Jovan Anicic
- Social and fellowship hour will follow
- Luncheon at 12-noon
- Introduction by Pdn. Jovan near the end of Lunch
- 1pm – Session 1 – Adults (Sbdn. Milan and Mira Damljanović) – Choral Singing – Beyond the Basics
- 1pm – Session 1 – Children (Pdn. Jovan and Protinica Emily) – Instrumental and Reading Workshop
- 2pm – Break
- 2:15pm – Session 2 – Adults (Sbdn. Milan and Mira Damljanović) – Select Pieces and Chants
- 2:15pm – Session 2 – Children (Pdn. Jovan and Protinica Emily) – Junior Choir Workshop
- 3:15pm – Closing comments and Q&A
- 4:00pm – Great Vespers
- Hierarchical Divine Liturgy with His Grace Bishop Irinej
REGISTER NOW ONLINE
About our Guest Speakers
Pdn. Dr. Jovan Anicic
Protodeacon Dr. Jovan Anicic is currently the Director of Religious Education for the Eastern-American Diocese of the Serbian Orthodox church. Apart from being a gifted musician, he has offered numerous theological and musical lectures and presentations all over the world.
Sbdn. Milan Damljanovic
Milan Damljanovic is the Music Director at St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Cathedral and St. George Antiochican Orthodox Church. Those duties include conducting the Njegos Choir, St. George Antiochian Choir, Melos Ensemble and Youth Serbian Chorus.
Mira Sokolovic-Damljanovic is a talented instructor, soloist, and leader for youth and adult choirs. Often working in tandem with her husband, Sbdn. Milan, she brings energy and passion for Liturgical music into every lesson and rehearsal.